Max Lucado's Daily Devotional: A God Thing

This is Max Lucado's Daily Devotional found on his UpWords website:


Works Matter
By Max Lucado

'“If people say they have faith, but do nothing, their faith is worth nothing. Can faith like that save them?”  James 2:14

James’ message is bare-knuckled; his style is bare-boned. Talk is cheap, he argues. Service is invaluable.

It’s not that works save the Christian, but that works mark the Christian. In James’ book of logic, it only makes sense that we who have been given much should give much. Not just with words. But with our lives."



I think the world of Max Lucado's preaching but, I do not go to his website regularly.  I just began this site and finding something that fits so perfectly at the very beginning of building this site is really cool! I am going to count this as a "God Thing" that I happened upon this devotional at exactly the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment