James 1: 19-21

James 1: 19-21


19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. 21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.


If I had to choose only one part of one verse in this chapter of James as the very most important partial verse it would be "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, . . . ."   What a world this would be if only we could take this advice to heart.  I can think of countless times when I have gotten in trouble as a child and even as an adult because of a lack of these words.  I am repeating "be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry" like a mantra to my children because since they are my children, I know that these are words that will serve them well. Verses 20 and 21 explain why you should follow these words. Unfortunately, most of us can come up with some examples of why we should follow these words.

No comments:

Post a Comment